Too often in the packaging materials side of the business we’re asked to accept that our competitors are recommending & selling appropriate products that are in the best interest of the customer.
Unfortunately, this often isn’t the case. Instead, what we see is that many of the products our customers choose have been sold to them by suppliers who were interested in what was best for themselves—not for the customer.
To help you evaluate your packaging suppliers, here are 5 things you should look for:
- Integrity – Make sure your suppliers ask you the right questions before they suggest any product. If they can’t say why the materials they’re selling you are better for your business, it might be time to take your business elsewhere.
- Accountability – Our customers expect us to know what we’re talking about. If we recommend a product or a solution and it fails, we will make it work, even if it costs us money. If we can’t make it work? We’ll give you your money back. If your supplier can’t say that (and back it up) maybe you should reconsider the relationship.
- Communication – This goes beyond answering the phone on the first ring. Customers are quite often left in the dark by suppliers who can’t provide them the info they need to manage production internally. At FPS we maintain an ongoing dialog with our customers every step of the way, so you always have the knowledge you need to run your business efficiently.
- After Sales Support – Unlike so many other suppliers, we don’t act as if the sale is the touchdown that wins the big game. Instead, we see that first sale as the coin toss that starts the clock on the long game. That means we’re committed to getting down in the dirt with you to work for every inch of progress until you achieve your goals. In other words, we want to celebrate with you in the end zone when your business succeeds. That’s what winning means to us.
- Insight/Experience – There’s a big difference between a supplier who sells stuff and one who takes the time to understand your business. Over the years we’ve called upon our expertise to help our customers uncover hidden costs, increase operational efficiencies and, best of all, improve their profit margins. Some say it’s what we do best.
At FPS, we do more than sell stuff. A lot more. Our goal is to support your entire business. If you’re looking to cut costs and eliminate downtime, be sure to call us first. We’re here to help.